Sunday, November 13, 2016

Psalm 22

This is an amazing psalm !!!  Right from the start we see the crucifixion of Jesus, "My God, My God, why has thou forsaken me ?"  The words were spoken by Jesus on the cross hundreds of years after this was written !  This psalm is called The Psalm of the Cross. This is a messianic psalm and tells two stories at once. The first story is about how David is talking about his life. It starts out as a lamentation by David and ends in praise and glory to God ! This transformation is achieved through prayer.

The second story is the story of the crucifixion of Jesus. As we go through the psalm you will see things that happens later during the time of his death.  Verse 8 says," He trusted in the Lord, let Him rescue Him ;" Verse 16 says, " They have pierced My hands and My feet;"  Again verse 18 says, " They divide My garments among them, and for my clothing they cast lots."   These things and more were said and done in the New Testament !  This psalm is truly from God telling of the story of His son, and all He will do for us in His Fathers name!  This psalm is one that should be read and studied slowly and prayerfully. Praise God that through His son we are saved !! Never forget what Jesus has done for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment