Saturday, May 20, 2017

Psalm 51

After King David had gone into Bathsheba, had her husband killed, and been approached by Nathan the Prophet concerning these sins... This is the psalm that David had written. Psalm 51 is a beautiful prayer by David asking for forgiveness ! There are many famous quotes and verses here. Verse 3 says," For I acknowledge my transgressions and my sin which is always before me. Against You,You only, have I sinned, and done this evil in your sight--" This is the example we should all use when asking forgiveness....Repentance !  Verse 10," Create in me a clean heart, O God,and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Here David is asking for his sinful nature to be replaced with a clean spirit. When we Repent and ask for forgiveness God is faithful to forgive and save us and give to us a new spirit...The Holy Spirit ! Verse 15," O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall show forth Your praise."  When we get saved and receive our new spirit, our heart is so full of joy it is impossible to keep our mouth shut praising Jesus !!!! To be truly saved and forgiven verse 17 tells what is require," The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit,- a broken and a contrite heart- These O God, You will not despise." Salvation is free... but salvation is not cheap !  Do you have a truly contrite heart and broken spirit when you go to the Father ? David tells us here that without that there is no salvation or forgiveness !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment