Sunday, December 4, 2016

Psalm 26

This psalm talks of David's righteousness !  Many of you are saying...wait a minute, none of us has any righteousness but only that which comes from Jesus !!! Exactly. Remember Jesus has not come yet, so as we read on we will find that David cleanses himself from unholy people and bathes himself in God's word. Verse 6 says, " I will wash my hands in innocence..". David then says how much he loves God and God's glory.  He goes on to beg God to not gather him with sinners and bloodthirsty people who take bribes. Verse 11 and 12 end the psalm by saying, " But as for me, I will walk in my integrity; Redeem me and be merciful to me. My foot stands in an even place; in the congregations I will bless the Lord." A beautiful way to end this psalm by saying that any and all righteousness David has is because of God and David will always praise and love the Lord !!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment