Sunday, December 11, 2016

Psalm 27

Have you ever felt that the word of God was talking about someone other than you ??  This psalm is written by David and it talks about you and me right where we live !!  About our sin and our wish to be with Jesus. These are at odds with each other but is right where most of us live. In the the first 6 verses David talks about wanting to be with Jesus now and for eternity. Note the first verse, " The Lord is my salvation; whom shall I fear ?The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid ?"  Then if you look at verse 4 you see, "One thing I have desired of the Lord, that I shall seek;That I may dwell in the House of the Lord all the days of my life."  David then starts to talk about all that God has done for a relationship, including sending His Son to die on a cross, with us. Then realizes that he is a sinful man and does not deserve any of it !! Verse 7 says," Hear o Lord, when I cry with my voice! Have mercy also upon me and answer me. "  David ends this psalm with a beautiful summation in verse 14 when he says, " Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord ! " We are ALL sinners and do not deserve salvation ! This psalm shows how well David knew that even before Jesus had come !!

No comments:

Post a Comment